We must always stand with workers and their labor unions. That’s why I’m fighting to:
- Establish New York workers’ right to strike. We must overturn the the anti-worker Section 210 of the Taylor Law that bars public unions from striking against their employers by amending the New York State Constitution.
- End wage theft. The Securing Wages Earned Against Theft (SWEAT) Act will allow workers facing wage theft to recover the earnings they’re owed.
- Protect warehouse workers. The Warehouse Worker Injury Reduction Act would protect workers at companies like Amazon from worksite injuries.
Compare to Didi Barrett’s record:
During her decade in office, Barrett has sided with corporations over workers and their labor unions by:
- Consistently siding with Big Agriculture in opposing the lowering of the sixty-hour overtime threshold for farmworkers.
- Voting with Republicans against the Farmworkers Fair Labor Practices Act, which gave farmworkers basic workplace protections.
- Refusing to support the union-endorsed Raise the Wage Act, which would raise the minimum wage to $21.25 by 2026.